Ann Kaplan Mulholland
Ann Kaplan Mulholland, Dr. Mullholland’s wife, is an award-winning businesswoman, motivational speaker, and media personality. She is the CEO and President of iFinance Canada Inc. and also starred on The Real Housewives of Toronto.
Ann Kaplan Mulholland Career
In 1996, Ann Kaplan Mulholland founded iFinance Canada, a company that funded medical procedures through subsidiary Medicard. Later, iFinance Canada began funding dental and veterinary procedures through subsidiaries Dentalcard and Petcard. iFinance Home Improvement was created in 2012 to offer financing for home improvement projects. iFinance has provided more than 150,000 consumer loans of close to $1B$.
While Dr Mulholland has many notable TV appearances to his name, his wife is also a frequent face on television. In addition to starring in the hit series “The Real Housewives of Toronto,” Ann Kaplan Mulholland has also hosted television shows such as:
- Global’s NYtv, which features surgical and non-surgical makeovers, industry experts and non-medical options for consumers.
- The Ultimate Makeover, which features a story each week about how an individual who has had a non-surgical and/or surgical makeover and how it impacts their life.
- CosmedicTv, online segments featuring specific procedures, products or industry experts.
Ann has been featured in hundreds of publications, including two University textbook studies on entrepreneurship. She has also authored five books:
- “How To Be Successful in Spite of Yourself”
- “If You Don’t Laugh, You’ll Cry”
- “Fashion Cares”
- “Best Practices”
- “The INTERNet”
Ann Kaplan Mulholland has earned many awards and honors over the years, including:
- Two time winner of RBC/Deloitte Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- Profit Award of Excellence
- Gold Recipient Stevie Global Lifetime Achievement Award for Women
- CWEYA Award/Start up
- Winner E & Y Entrepreneur of the Year – Ontario in Finance
- Peak Award of Excellence/Finance;
- Canada’s Profit Top 100 Companies (2005-2013)
- Canadian W100 list (Top 100 Companies) – 9 times
- Inducted into Canada’s Hall of Fame
- Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women – 3 times
- Named Canada’s Mompreneur of The Year
- Stevie Awards for Entrepreneur/Women in Business
- The Canadian Entrepreneur of the Year – 2 times
- International Entrepreneur of the Year – 3 times
- WIMA Award at the Rotman School
She has also been recognized as one of Canada’s most inspirational women and as one of Canada’s top three Female Business Leaders.
Dr. Mulholland isn’t the only doctor in this family — wife Ann Kaplan Mulholland has a DBA (Doctor of Business Administration). She also has an MBA, an MSc (Business), and a Corporate Governance Designation (ICD.D).